Random thoughts

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ROFL!! And I'm sitting here drinking my French Vanilla Cap and eating a chocolate chip muffin! That is just too funny!!

SWEET! Willow that sign rocks.

However I think that sign must be for Americans, because us Canadians can almost sense a Timmies lurking...that and they're on almost every corner...and programmed into our GPS'

:laugh4: It says "no Left turn to Tim Hortons" so they must be anticipating that Canadians will be drawn to it like bees to my veggie and flower garden and will cut accross oncoming traffic to get their Tim Hortons, letting nothing get in their way! LOL!! ^____^ I can see Jo doing that!!

:gaah: My computor crashed on Wednesday night, I have it back again :joy: but there are two pages of new threads to read and some threads have grown by 3 or 4 pages, I am never going to have time to read them all :panic:

:lol:

Willow Bean said:
:laugh4: It says "no Left turn to Tim Hortons" so they must be anticipating that Canadians will be drawn to it like bees to my veggie and flower garden and will cut accross oncoming traffic to get their Tim Hortons, letting nothing get in their way! LOL!! ^____^ I can see Jo doing that!!

:oops: Yea aparently i didnt even look at the sign...hence the need for it i guess :oops:

My best friend was invited to my moms wedding. She said her and her boyfriend would come.
She just messaged me to tell me that her boyfriend's friends are getting married that day. shes going to that wedding because she said she would take pictures there. she is not the photographer.

I was going to make the wedding invitations and my mom said ok then her sister offered to and she let her sister do them. I was going to make her a cake and cupcakes, i bought a book about fondant icing and was going to pratice. My mom just hired someone to make the cake.

Yikes, Ben & Jerry's is needed for sure. Did you go to the Stone Road Mall free cone thing?

At least I assume it's the only branch in Guelph. They were closing up as we got there. :(

Bronwyn said:
Yikes, Ben & Jerry's is needed for sure. Did you go to the Stone Road Mall free cone thing?

At least I assume it's the only branch in Guelph. They were closing up as we got there. :(

Yup we hit up the stone road mall - but the free cone thingy was on Tuesday i think...whatever day was the 29th

It was. :D We were packing all day and were planning on getting the free cone as a reward annnnd missed be about three minutes. *sob*

Now to eat my Moxie's leftovers. I miss Guelph. :(

Im Stressing about MCATS that I wont even have to write until September.
*DIES*

There is SO MUCH STRESS involved with me applying to OVC.... *dies again*

A few drag racing cars were showcased in our mall today. One of them, a chevelle had it's sponsors but the name of it was RAT POWER!! with some funny looking rats cartooned on it. It was cool to see it.
Now I'm thinking of perhaps going to Eliott Lake on the weekend of July 18th to go and watch the drag races. Elliott Lake is about 2 hours away from us.

I'll have to ask Nic... she knows her classic cars. Her first husband restored an old mustang and they did all the car shows, back in the day.

I wish i could verbalise how the opening guitar solo from "wish you where here" makes me feel

"bown de bown Wheedleie wheee" ..... ok.....going to bed now....

Cityratt said:
There is SO MUCH STRESS involved with me applying to OVC.... *dies again*

Precisely why (okay, the foremost reason) I lost interest in becoming a vet. The OVC requires people to be hermits to score an interview and even that isn't always a guarantee. Bev, one of the newer graduates, told me she had to average a 90% at Queen's to get an interview. Though the requirement isn't as high if you're coming from Guelph. Jenny, the newest, applied something like four times before she got in. We worked together as vet assistants and now she's a vet at the clinic. She said it was worth it for her, though she questioned it a lot since the program is so rigorous.

Eleana, my housemate, has to write the OVC to tell them why she didn't take the second Physics right after the first. It's just gotten SO ridiculous. The newest vet school in Canada (at UofC) doesn't require MCATs right now...though you have to be a resident of Alberta for at least a year I think. I'm assuming that will change as the school earns a reputation as their first students arrive in September of this year.

Erm, sorry, that was a rant. My dad used to hope I'd follow in his footsteps but after he's seen what the OVC's become, I no longer have that pressure. Things have changed. :(

Um, that all being said, GO ANNE GO! I know someone in there now (undergrad from Guelph) who's managed to have a life beyond the books so it's possible. :D

Yea i know its a lot of BS Bron - i just....i dont know what i would do otherwise....
If i can get an interview i think i stand a chance (working 3 jobs, two at EVCs one general pratice and having the dogguide puppies, and coordinating the GHS junior humane club for the past two years)
It just kills me to think that they may not see how bad i want this. I want to be an emerg vet with every fibre of my being. *dies a third time*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back