Little Miss ..RIP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see she is home and doing well. The nice thing about blue sutures is they are easy to find to take out! Having them long like that will probably help her from bumping that side of the face as the 'blue whiskers' will touch first. LOL
Now all your kids need to start feeling better!

Lil Miss (Top), Bella(Bottom)

IMG_7475.jpg

:heart:

I have tried a few times to put Little Miss & Bella back in the CN with the boys ..but Teddy is too darn picky ..he keeps picking at her eye ...

I think she is picking at the incision ..I just looked at her and the stiches have some blood on them ..is this normal? ..I don't see any opening, or stiches broken.

Ratty Momma said:
thats probably what it is ..I never new porph was possible with no eye

Of course it can be...unless they specifically removed the harderian gland at the same time.

You can see some on Lady's eye...but eventually it stopped.
Lady1mar12.jpg

If it's itchy, she may have scratched at it, making it bleed a little too. Make sure her toenails are trimmed. Glad to hear she's doing well otherwise!

Stitches are coming out on Friday ..she had them put in on the 9th, and Friday is the 17th ..so 9 days ..got up this morning to find she has been picking at them, some might be out, some blood ..no smell of infection ..i have been keeping it clean with saline ...:panic:

Pictures ... her eye is kinda wet because I just cleaned it not long ago.
[spoiler:nkh05p3j]
IMG_7531.jpg

IMG_7529.jpg
[/spoiler:nkh05p3j]

2 seprate incisions ..one for the eye, and one for where he had to get the abscess by the nasal cavity.

Latest posts

Back