Little Miss ..RIP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes ..Dr. D. said he never expected the abscess to be so big, even when they put her under last monday to have a better look!

This was also his first eye removal ..since peopel around here don't even bring rats in for resp infections ..he is doing good ..he will be pro soon if I stick around hahaha

sorry to hear about the eye, but all in all, great news! I'm so happy your vet not only seems willing to learn, but also quite capable. :heart: That's a fantastic combination in a vet. :wink2:

Picture time ..I was shocked when I got home from work ..and seen her ...it looks so horribly sad!

IMG_7417.jpg

IMG_7419.jpg

IMG_7421.jpg

She is doing well, exploring the couch now :)

The abscess was right down to the nasal cavity ..

wow, my stomach just did flips. literally. All I can think of is her bumping those sutures all over the cage... :sad3:

Oh well, I'm glad that she made it through & that the surgery was a success! :joy:

violet976 said:
wow, my stomach just did flips. literally. All I can think of is her bumping those sutures all over the cage... :sad3:

Oh well, I'm glad that she made it through & that the surgery was a success! :joy:

She actually don't bump into anything :D ..she has adjusted much better &faster than I thought & I bet she feels 100 x better than she did with all the pressure under her eye and down to her nasal cavity!

Ratty Momma said:
Picture time ..I was shocked when I got home from work ..and seen her ...it looks so horribly sad!

IMG_7417.jpg

IMG_7419.jpg

IMG_7421.jpg

She is doing well, exploring the couch now :)

The abscess was right down to the nasal cavity ..

Is it ok that she is bleeding through her nose? (Yes, I'm very sensitive about such things. Since she can't see fully anymore I, at least, want her nasal passages to be clear.... :bunnydance:)

Lilspaz, were booked for June 21 ..yesterday was the 9th, so that makes errrr 13 days? ..I am going to call in today and try to get it for the 16th, 17th or 18th.

He said some bloodporph would be normal from the nose since the abscess was in the nasal cavity ..none there today

Ratty Momma said:
Lilspaz, were booked for June 21 ..yesterday was the 9th, so that makes errrr 13 days? ..I am going to call in today and try to get it for the 16th, 17th or 18th.

He said some bloodporph would be normal from the nose since the abscess was in the nasal cavity ..none there today

YAY!!!!

:bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance: :bunnydance:

Latest posts

Back