Little Miss ..RIP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Luck Little Miss :heart:

IMG_7415.jpg

lilspaz68 said:
And when is HER surgery? Multiple tricky surgeries are so hard on the owner :(

The BF just dropped them off on his way to school, they both have a buddy for company.Surgeries start at 9, finish at 12 ..I would assume they are being done last ..he keeps the more complex ones for then ...neuters are done first things, but tumor removals, etc are usually last ..I'll call around 1130 for check up!

I am going for a nap now till 10 with Oscar, then I have to feed him and take everyone out for playtime ..I'll be kept busy, so hopefully the day goes fast.

I know they are in good hands :heart:

The BF just called ..one is awake in recovery, the other one is just waking up now ..calling back in 25 mins.

Ryder is perfect ..Little miss is still really out of it ..I think maybe she's confused having just one eye? ..they put her in with Bella to see f she settles ..and they have someone there watching her for the next while ..calling again in a little while.

Ratty Momma said:
Ryder is perfect ..Little miss is still really out of it ..I think maybe she's confused having just one eye? ..they put her in with Bella to see f she settles ..and they have someone there watching her for the next while ..calling again in a little while.

She was probably the last surgery as well. An enucleation is much harder and longer than a tumour removal, even though its in a tricky place. Enuc's are fiddly things so she was probably under longer, plus now she has to adapt.

lilspaz68 said:
Ratty Momma said:

She was probably the last surgery as well. An enucleation is much harder and longer than a tumour removal, even though its in a tricky place. Enuc's are fiddly things so she was probably under longer, plus now she has to adapt.

When she comes home, should I leave her in a smaller cage for a day to two with just Bella ...before putting her back in with Oscar, Toby & Teddy?

Bella actually lives in the top half of the CN with Bug, Chloe and Scamp now ..I moved lil miss down with the boys ..and moved bella up because bella Burries food dishes so soft food and her don't work well :giggle:

Ratty Momma said:
lilspaz68 said:
[quote="Ratty Momma":quuvw04o]Ryder is perfect ..Little miss is still really out of it ..I think maybe she's confused having just one eye? ..they put her in with Bella to see f she settles ..and they have someone there watching her for the next while ..calling again in a little while.

When she comes home, should I leave her in a smaller cage for a day to two with just Bella ...before putting her back in with Oscar, Toby & Teddy?

Bella actually lives in the top half of the CN with Bug, Chloe and Scamp now ..I moved lil miss down with the boys ..and moved bella up because bella Burries food dishes so soft food and her don't work well :giggle:[/quote:quuvw04o]

I would...I did that with Tepeu, Eli and Lady...just the one night, and then I saw how they reacted to their cagemates. If they seem very unsure, then leave them out another day...

lilspaz68 said:
Ratty Momma said:
lilspaz68 said:
[quote="Ratty Momma":iaj19gnm]Ryder is perfect ..Little miss is still really out of it ..I think maybe she's confused having just one eye? ..they put her in with Bella to see f she settles ..and they have someone there watching her for the next while ..calling again in a little while.

Bella actually lives in the top half of the CN with Bug, Chloe and Scamp now ..I moved lil miss down with the boys ..and moved bella up because bella Burries food dishes so soft food and her don't work well :giggle:

I would...I did that with Tepeu, Eli and Lady...just the one night, and then I saw how they reacted to their cagemates. If they seem very unsure, then leave them out another day...[/quote:iaj19gnm]

Alright..I am working till 11 tonight so my BF is picking them up ..I'll just keep them in the small cage till tomorrow at least ..esp where I won't be there to keep an eye on them ...I don't trust men LOL

Remember that you figured that she probably couldn't see out of that eye anyway, so it may not be that hard an acclimation. She's probably still wonky from the anaes.

She is still pretty groggy ..she got up and walked around a little bit ..they have her in a blanket ..on a heating source.

We can't pick her up till at least 530 ..they are keeping a very close eye on her :sad3:

Just try to relax.. they did give her more so its probably gonna take a while before shes back to normal. Shes a tough cookie :cuddle:

Another Update: She is walking around a little now..slow ..but she is ..and she even cleaned herself a tiny bit.

Please send all the healing vibes you can :heart:

Did the vet say how it went with the removal? Was it an abscess, did she lose a lot of blood? Was she under longer than expected? This might account for her slow recovery.

Latest posts

Back