Little Miss ..RIP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope so! I learned a lot tonight! I'm glad he let me help with everything ..I felt special haha

It's very good experience for you. If you continue to have rats, this will just be the first of many. After a while, YOU'LL be the expert!

Joanne said:
It's very good experience for you. If you continue to have rats, this will just be the first of many. After a while, YOU'LL be the expert!

Oh I will always have rats :D

So far I have 10, and 7 at the bridge!

My vet learns as I learn, I have to say he has done pretty good :mrgreen: and now he is getting me involved in more invasive things, other than just meds and revolution dosages :)

Glad that she is doing well. Abscesses are such nasty things.

Having rats is definitely a huge learning experience. Not a week goes by that I don't learn something new and important from the Shack or from my rats.

It looks better!!!

IMG_7324.jpg

IMG_7323.jpg

IMG_7322.jpg

IMG_7321.jpg

Going back to the vet again today ...woke up yesterday to a swollen stinky eye again it's not better today ..oh my ..poor girl :(

Back ..it was full again ..Dr. D. is thinking about an eye removal ...just so she dose not have to keep going through this day after day after day ..She is booked for Thursday ..that's if we want to do it ..I don't know what I should do?

I would, just because once the eye is gone, she should be able to heal up. Rats are OK with one eye. I think there are several on the forum, and a couple more that are completely blind. Is she a good candidate for surgery?

Yes she is ..she went into full surgery with all the gasses etc Monday when she had her eye done the first time ..and she did fine.

She is healthy other than the eye.

I hope so Lilspaz

..so my vet wanted to put tubing in her for better flushing instead of removing the eye ..but I feel MUCH better with removing the eye ..he is still not sure what he wants to do ..I just called and told his vet assistant I only want the eye removed or nothing at all ..so they said they will call me later to confirm ..ugh

Latest posts

Back