Little Miss ..RIP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if that white/yellow stuff is healing tissue or infection ..it smells less today if that makes a difference.

It looks better to me. It looks like it is starting to form a scab around the outside edge. And don't underestimate the power of your nose. If she smells better that is a very good sign. When she smells normal again, you know the battle is won.

Today:
[spoiler:1wcodm9b]
IMG_8327.jpg

IMG_8335.jpg

IMG_8336.jpg
[/spoiler:1wcodm9b]

Could she have scratched the other eye?

This is Monty when he lived at Shelagh's before coming to me (photo credit to Shelagh)
littleblackboy2jul21.jpg

When I adopted him 8 months later my vet found that white spot in the eye and said it was scar tissue from a scratch or would. We tried eye drops but they did nothing and then I saw this pic and realized the scratch was quite old. His eye sight was a little poorer for it but I don't think it bothered him. (The spot was not very obvious but this pic caught it well.)

:heart: Monty :heart: I miss my little man :heart:

Adorable ...so should I be worried about the cloudy eye? she seems fine with seeing on that side for right now ..I really don't want to have to do anything else to her

ETA: I don't think she scratched it ..but ill have a better look tomr ..shes sleeping right now ..ugh

Ratty Momma said:
Adorable ...so should I be worried about the cloudy eye? she seems fine with seeing on that side for right now ..I really don't want to have to do anything else to her

ETA: I don't know if she has scratched it ..maybe? I'll have a better look tomorrow ..

I'm not sure... it's not cataracts, that's always in the centre of the eye but I don't know what glaucoma looks like. I would just keep an eye on it and take her in if you see it worsen or something else to cause concern.

It looks to me that her third membrane is staying up. I've noticed that when rats aren't feeling the greatest or very sick will have that happen. I don't know why that is or how to stop it. I don't think it's a big deal though.

Victoria just expalined the third membrane to me :giggle:

I wish she would feel better ..she is sleeping a lot ..but sleeping means healing? ..she still comes out and loves sitting on your shoulder.

I know I would feel shitty if I had my eye taken out, and half my face infected I'd feel like crap too!

I feel horrible for doing this too her!

At least my vet is learning ..USE GLUE lol

Latest posts

Back