Little Miss ..RIP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The past two days have been really hard getting her meds into her, I actually have to syringe them into her mouth with force ..she eats very little ..shes always sleeping ..ugh I feel terrible :sad3:

I want my happy little girl back who comes running to the cage when I go over, and who loves ensure and her meds </3

I have been giving her metacam ..what I can get into her anyways ..I don't know what to do ... :sad3: :sad3: :sad3: :sad3:

Poor thing. I wish we had more answers for you. What does your vet think is the next step? Wait it out? My vet once told me that rats could go into a depression when something like that happens. At the time we were talking about a leg amputation so I wonder if that could be what's up with her?

It could be ..since her foot has been wrapped up ..and she is in a small cage with just Bella ..

We don't know the next step yet ..she was only put on the new meds 3 days ago ..and her eye is healing.

The abs are baytril, clavamox and metacam.

I'm thinking I should move everything back to the way it was ..her, teddy, toby and bella in the bottom half of the CN..see if that helps!

My vet it on at 5 I can go in with her ..but I don't know what to do ..shes sick of being picked at.

lilspaz68 said:
Also, if any more pus shows up, you might want to get it cultured and have sensitivity tests done on it.

Sensitivity tests?

Sorry I'm still learning myself

I just moved her back in with Teddy, Toby & Bella in CN and she have a time exploring and smelling ..I just moved Badger, Bug, Chloe & Scamp up top ..never changed the bedding ..so lots of new smells.

She is even climbing the sides of the cage with three legs since one is wrapped up ..this is the most active I have seen her in days.

Oh okay, thanks.

FRIG!

Tonight is my vet's last night working until July 11th ..his dtr is in hospital ...

So he wants to have a look at her tonight before he goes ..any suggestions on what I should do or get?

She was put on Clavamox 3 days ago ..read back through the thread.

She is currently on Clavamox, Baytril and Metacam.

Latest posts

Back