My Rattie Adventure

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Look how many toys came in the mail today!! Just in time for picking up my babies tomorrow!!! [emoji4]
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409268147.148736.jpg

My new babies are home!!! I saw this little girl and immediately fell in love with her. I'm pretty sure she's a Siamese dumbo. She's from a hoarding case. Her name is sweet pea.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409364471.128649.jpg

And this is my big boy. He's a funny little guy. Just got spayed Tuesday. I'm still deciding on a name for him. Maybe Buck or Kronk (from the Emperor's New Groove) suggestions are welcome.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409364593.823942.jpg

Question: he got a dose of metacam right before we headed home and he's acting a little drowsy. Is that normal?

They don't usually get drowsy from Metacam.

If the boy just got done Tuesday, DO NOT put them together, even for a second. You need to wait three weeks for the sperm to dissipate.

I named one of my rescue babies Sweet Pea. :)
Buck is a nice, manly name for your guy.

Yup she's spayed. Buck isn't too sure about these ramps yet. But sweet pea is like hey the door is open I'm gonna go to the top of the cage... Little rascal, keeping an eye on them to make sure living together goes well. Buck makes me a little nervous just cuz he's so much bigger than her

Yea. Since he just got spayed a few days ago he's been rooming with one other boy. And she was with like 5 girls and one small boy.

They did well on the ride home. And he doesn't know how to use the ramps yet or something so she can stay away from him if need be. [emoji5]️

Aww, they are beautiful! I love the name Sweet Pea, so precious! And Buck is a great name, BUT...I am such a fan of The Emporer's New Groove and I think Kronk is a great name! Maybe you can observe your new boy's personality for a few days and see if he reminds you of Kronk from the movie...if not, you can always go with Buck.

Kronk was such a marvelous and funny character though...a manly type macho looking guy, but with a heart of gold and he loved talking to the squirrels and such... I loved him! That name might end up fitting your boy perfectly...handsome and manly looking but so very sweet...you never know! :)

Last edited:
Thanks Vlad!
Woke up this morning and Sweet Pea was sleeping on top of her cube hammock. And Buck decided to sleep at the very bottom of the cage in a bunch of litter he pulled out of his litter box. I'm hoping soon they will warm up to each other and start cuddling.
Going to the grocery store on the way home to get some veggies. We have a tomato garden so I might give them some of the cherry tomatoes we have. The seeds are okay right?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409446169.907924.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409446181.757722.jpg
Just finished play time with my babies!
Sweet Pea seems to be extremely interested in getting to the highest point in the room (the top of her cage). Buck likes to sit around and clean himself. Today they both got Gerber Organic Baby Food mush and Plum little cr

Thanks Vlad!
Woke up this morning and Sweet Pea was sleeping on top of her cube hammock. And Buck decided to sleep at the very bottom of the cage in a bunch of litter he pulled out of his litter box. I'm hoping soon they will warm up to each other and start cuddling.
Going to the grocery store on the way home to get some veggies. We have a tomato garden so I might give them some of the cherry tomatoes we have. The seeds are okay right?

Well, male rats are not supposed to have citrus type fruits (something about that does not work well with their systems) but I am not sure if the acidity in tomatoes is okay or not for boys...does anyone here on the forum know for sure?

3 hours of play time and they both are pretty sleepy. After awhile my boy seemed pretty content laying against my leg and getting some lovins.
My girl was chilling in my arms until mom came in all loud and sh*t.... Then she was happy sleeping behind under the covers. I love my babies!!
Peas are soo messy for them to eat.... Leaving pea shells all over the place....

Latest posts

Back