Newmarket Rats.. Flower & Mena update 6/22

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good news. The himi girls only gained 2 grams and one lost 5 grams from their weigh-in's 2 days ago.

Bad news. Little blue girl gained 21 grams in 2 days...BUT she and the babies have been gorging almost the entire time, so I shall not worry yet. :cheeky:

lol, love the pee wars pic....how embarassing!

As you've said before, when you're sad baby pics!

lilspaz68 said:
And the Baby Pee Wars begin. :lol:

mar28NMbabypeewars.jpg

:laugh4: :laugh4:

MORE good news...butt smudge himi is in heat too...woohoo!!!

Moon says one of the himi's was in heat on Sunday afternoon, and its Wednesday evening, I am hoping it was the other himilayan...putting me in the clear with the Newmarket gals. :thumbup:

Tonight I finally was able to lino the top shelves/level of the R-695, and put a sock on the ramp for safety's sake.

The babies were sure it was a dangerous place afterwards and everyone stayed downstairs. Finally my brave little black berk boy came up...and never left!

mar30babyR-695.jpg

Then after a bit his brother came and joined him :D

mar30braveblackboys.jpg

"If only I could talk"
mar30ifonlyIcouldtalk.jpg

Blue boy was next but he took some coaxing with a wet Ensure finger and then he wasn't sure he wanted to step on that scary stuff...*stretch*

mar30blueboy.jpg

Moon's teeny fellow never came up but he was very enthusiastic about that finger coming down from the heavens. LOL
mar30teenyboy.jpg

A wheel runner already...this wee one looks like Xanthe as a baby :D
mar30alreadyawheelrunner.jpg

My biggest girl
mar30biggirl.jpg

Joined by the blue boy...I think they were looking at their Auntie blue girl climbing the walls literally...she was in heat and acting strange LOL
mar30blueandhoodiegirl.jpg

Weren't you silly girl??
mar30bluegirl.jpg

Well with a wee bit of help I have finally named the newbies. I have a thing about having unnamed rats in my care. I wish I could relax on it a bit more, like Eagle LOL, but I cannot. :laugh4:

13 names was daunting though :) Alicemcmallis came up with the theme...well it started with candy (done that), fairy tales (ugh "the wolf", "the woodcutter"...c'mon people I need names!! :cheeky:) ...then finally animated Disney charaters.

The little himi girls are actually quite sweet, and their names will be Mena (Bambi II) and Flower (Bambi)..Mena has the butt smudge, Flower doesn't.

The little blue girl is now Nala (from the Lion King) and I even asked for permission from Nic for it :)

The baby girls are all from teh Little Mermaid...the bigger hoodie girl is Arista, the small bareback is Alana, and the beige hoodie will be Adella.

The black berk boys will be Cubby (Peter Pan), Nero (The Rescuers) and Boomer (Fox and the Hound)

The beige hoodies will be Figaro (Pinocchio) and Rufus (The Rescuers)

The little blue bareback will be Gaston (Beauty and the Beast)

and last but never ever least, little tiny beige boy will be Yar (Dinosaur)

They were not obliging with the cute this morning...and then the camera memory card was full when they did. LOLOL

Oh well :roll:

I give them a large long dish so they can all fit around, hahahaha...nope most of them stayed on the one side and climbed over the backs of the others :doh:

apr1babiesdrinking.jpg

My brave little black berk boys weren't giving up their spots. :D

apr1braveblackboys.jpg

Little Yar, he's getting quite a pudge in his belly :D

apr1Yar.jpg

and curious Gaston comes to say Hi :wave:

apr1GastonsaysHi.jpg

Back