Ratatouille might have a brain tumor...*please help me*

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He likely won't have even a chance to get better without antibiotics. You should also probably start calling around the non-rat vets and see if any are willing to euthanize him if he starts to suffer :(

Make sure they use gas first!!!

Yeah, to get better he's going to need at least antibiotics, but likely a steroid + antibiotics. I agree with Shelagh, start calling around to ask about euthanasia. Poor guy :( You'll want to make sure they use gas first to have him unconscious before the needle.

Make sure he's hydrated and comfortable, there's not much else you can do without proper medications.

Would children's liquid Motrin be of any help to him, if he's in any discomfort? That might be something else you can give him for now (if he's in pain) but maybe someone else can weigh in on this?

If it's a pt or even any other brain tumour, your little guy should pass soon enough. When mine choose not to feed anymore I take that as a sign and I don't force them to eat. I make them comfortable and wait till they pass unless of course I see obvious signs of suffering. But small animals are capable of blocking pain.
It's unfortunate that you couldn't try meds and seed if there would be any change, that's tough when no vet around you see exotics, must be awfully hard on you. Lucky your mom is a vet tech and she can probably relate cat and dog techniques to the rat, they aren't that much different.

I don't syringe food to them. I syringe fluids because dehydrating is just cruel if it can be avoided. Try giving him a saucer, which is easy to get into, and runny foods, baby foods, custard, anything he will eat.

Helloooo.:)
i am very happy to say he is improving. he's eating again. I came to the conclusion that my manrat had a stroke. He's happy and lively again, but with one side of his face paralyzed. other than that, he's a happy boy. :)

does anybody know when it’s time to put ur rat down in this situation? my guys eye is completely out of his head, with what looks like the tumor following out behind his eye socket…very gortesque. however, unlike any rat i’ve had in the past, he continues to eat and drink and act totally normal. he’s on pains meds, but nonetheless that has to be painful. but he seems so fine. but i don’t want to make him suffer

does anybody know when it’s time to put ur rat down in this situation? my guys eye is completely out of his head, with what looks like the tumor following out behind his eye socket…very gortesque. however, unlike any rat i’ve had in the past, he continues to eat and drink and act totally normal. he’s on pains meds, but nonetheless that has to be painful. but he seems so fine. but i don’t want to make him suffer
depending on his age and general health, would surgery be an option for you? if he sees a vet, what do they recommend?

depending on his age and general health, would surgery be an option for you? if he sees a vet, what do they recommend?
the vet just told me we’re nearing the end but as long as he’s eating and drinking, that’s kind of the goal. she didn’t say surgery was an option and i figure that’s because it’s literally in the entire side of the face. also age.

Back