Little Miss ..RIP

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She's breathing very hard ../i don't know if it has something to do with that lump between her breast bone or what it is ... :sad3:

Just back from the vet ..the vet who looked at her knows nothing about them ..said she dose not need oxygen ..and that she needs to be put to sleep or take her home...

Maybe there is underlying infection?

I'll take a video now ..she lifeless ...:(

I think the infection has spread ... her eye looked better, but her face is still swollen ...and the lump in her breast bone area is getting harder and bigger.

If I had to leave her eye with the abscess ...she would have been in pain

so I did what I thought was right ...it was either get her PTS then or try ...

Guess is wasn't ..

I'm so sorry little miss :heart: :sad3:

[youtube:l6eohwn1]bXtmFIaiY1A[/youtube:l6eohwn1]

Ratty Momma said:
Just back from the vet ..the vet who looked at her knows nothing about them ..said she dose not need oxygen ..and that she needs to be put to sleep or take her home...

Maybe there is underlying infection?

I'll take a video now ..she lifeless ...:(

brilliant diagnosis from the vet. :redhot:

If she doesn't need oxygen then why does she think she needs to be euthanized? I can't believe she would put you through that kind of emotional torment. :redhot:

If she can pick up a phone and dial... then she can call a vet elsewhere and ask for help! My vets did it! They even knew Dr. Munn in Canada despite the fact that I am in the United States! :redhot: :redhot: :redhot:

Sorry sweetie, but this really pisses me off! You do not deserve to be going through this. :redhot:

((((((((((Little Miss)))))))))) :sad3:

The vet I seen today is not my normal vet ..my vet is off until the 10th ..this vet i seen today is a cat/dog vet ..:(

Can you get a head on picture looking straight at her face, then a picture of both sides so you can see the cheeks and part of the neck?

Can you also rat phone and tell me what you are hearing in her lungs?

Ratty Momma said:
I think the infection has spread ... her eye looked better, but her face is still swollen ...and the lump in her breast bone area is getting harder and bigger.

If I had to leave her eye with the abscess ...she would have been in pain

so I did what I thought was right ...it was either get her PTS then or try ...

Guess is wasn't ..

I'm so sorry little miss :heart: :sad3:

[youtube:13m5085g]bXtmFIaiY1A[/youtube:13m5085g]

Can you get her x-rayed to see what is going on in her chest cavity? If that thing is pressing on her lungs, then it is clear why she is having trouble breathing. Hang in there Sweetie. We're pulling for her. :hugs:

:hugs:
Never question what you do hun, it is always what you believe to be best for your babies. I am so sorry things have gotten worse for her, and send my love and hope she will find a way to recover. :heart:

lilspaz68 said:
Can you get a head on picture looking straight at her face, then a picture of both sides so you can see the cheeks and part of the neck?

Whoops... sorry Shel! I didn't realize that you are online! I'll let you handle this, Ms. Rat Whisperer. :hugs: :heart: :rose:

jennifervb said:
lilspaz68 said:

Whoops... sorry Shel! I didn't realize that you are online! I'll let you handle this, Ms. Rat Whisperer. :hugs: :heart: :rose:

Not at all...forums are for everyone. I may ask something and someone else expands on it, or I forget something and someone else adds or questions it...that is how forums work :D

Asheka said:
:hugs:
Never question what you do hun, it is always what you believe to be best for your babies. I am so sorry things have gotten worse for her, and send my love and hope she will find a way to recover. :heart:

:yeah: :hugs: Asheka :hugs:

lilspaz68 said:
jennifervb said:
lilspaz68 said:

Not at all...forums are for everyone. I may ask something and someone else expands on it, or I forget something and someone else adds or questions it...that is how forums work :D

:hugs: Shel :hugs: - (you're still the rat whisperer... :wink2: )

lilspaz68 said:

The sounds I hear when I rat phone her is wheezing and her noise whistling.

IMG_8916.jpg

IMG_8917.jpg

IMG_8918.jpg

IMG_8920.jpg

IMG_8921.jpg

IMG_8923.jpg

IMG_8924.jpg

The swelling at the base of the neck is still soft and fluidy ..but seems to be getting firmer than it was.

Is that the lump we see in the pics as well? I wonder if it's compressing her lungs as well? Poor thing. All this work and she might be done by that damn tumour. Does your vet charge a lot for a postmortem?

IMO am seeing a mammary tumour on her chest, you can probably disregard that.

There is a lot of swelling below her eye so infection may be draining down. :(

Do you think that she could have aspirated some meds or some of the flush going into her sinuses? It does sound like aspiration pneumonia. :(

At this point, she's already on abs, and pain meds, so keep her comfortable, hydrated (will she drink Ensure out of a syringe?), and hope that she is able to kick off the resp issue. Sadly, be prepared for her to worsen and have to be taken in. Her body might not have much fight left in it ((hugs))

jorats said:
Is that the lump we see in the pics as well? I wonder if it's compressing her lungs as well? Poor thing. All this work and she might be done by that damn tumour. Does your vet charge a lot for a postmortem?

Yes thats the lump ..very soft and fluidy ..but larger and a little firmer than what it was when I found it..but the lump is very movable..moves side to side ..up and down. Sadly myvet never got a chance to see the lump since he popped up when he was off.

I'v never got a postmorterm done before, but I can ask.

She is refusing to eat anything at this point.

I think the flushing has gone into her sinuses

She won't take her meds and has not been since last monday..I have been forcing them into her...but today I can't even do that.

I can bring her in today before 5 ...but after 5 no one is there that can do it..

Latest posts

Back