Isa and Dusa - Surgery Today Update 5/16/13

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unepuce said:
:joy:

I hope they are able to remove those things and that she will come back to you happy tonight!!!

hahah Happy will come later on once my poor Franken-rat heals...these will probably be the craziest incisions I will have ever seen... :shock:

lilspaz68 said:
Unepuce said:
:joy:

I hope they are able to remove those things and that she will come back to you happy tonight!!!

hahah Happy will come later on once my poor Franken-rat heals...these will probably be the craziest incisions I will have ever seen... :shock:

Dr. Munn is always on the cutting edge of new procedures. :joy:
Dusa is so very lucky. :heart:

Yay.. Cant wait to see pictures. I know after Ella it was intense for that bit of time for them to heal.

oh what a huge relief! I imagine she's not totally out of the woods but one step at a time, one good step after another, I hope

sending healing thoughts her way

We got home a little while ago but Norby was in another attack, so I had totake care of him, take a couple of pics of Dusa, then scarf down some pizza slices I bought so I could keep warm in Pizza Pizza, since the buses only ran every 1/2 hour :roll:

Norby is doing better...icy cold again, but I'll take care of him once the post is up.

Lets start with Fun with Numbers.

Dusa weighed 742 grams pre-op.

apr4IsaandDusa.jpg

After the removal she weighted 350 grams...you do the math!

The tumours were dense and very vascular. Poor lady now has a URI fromt eh stress of the day but I am sure that won't be a real issue. She's not acting quite right so things are still a bit chancy. Let's see how she is tomorrow morning.

For the ghouls and the interested...Christine saved the tumour for me, I learned how to take pics on my very basic cell phone for the first time and I sent the pic to Jenny who emailed it back to me. They really look much larger in person. :cheeky:

[spoil:26a2kxnl]
Apr5Dusastumours.jpg
[/spoil:26a2kxnl]

and the pics of Little Dusa

apr5Dusapostop5.jpg

apr5Dusapostop2.jpg

apr5Dusapostop4.jpg

A nice cross-shaped incision

apr5Dusapostop.jpg

apr5Dusapostop3.jpg

So I get out my wallet to pay my bill, and the girls look at each other, smile and say "You're total for today is $2.05." Huhh??? I made them tell me a few times and then they finally told me that my Basket Peeps put money on my account at the clinic...my head went all whooshy! My balance before today was paid, today's surgery, the Emeraid diet was paid for??? Ummm...can you explain that again? More Whooshy Head and hanging onto the counter top. :laugh4:

Myself, my poor passed babies, Waldo, Norby, Bean of the Two Teeth and especially Dusa thank you all very very much!!!!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I am so, so glad she made it through surgery! I really hope she can hang in there and heal up so she can enjoy life for a while longer with you. Great job!
And awesome peeps for taking care of her surgery bill! :thumbup:

The wow keeps coming. Dusa is doing fantastic this morning...she's cleaned herself up a bi and is now RUNNING on the bed...I bet she feels light as air. :joy: her URI has quietened down, she's not picking at all...

apr6Dusa.jpg

Thank you again to my Basket Peeps!!!

apr6IsaandDusa.jpg

Aww that is such a nice surprise to find. Her incision looks pretty good for as large as her tumors were.

Latest posts

Back