Bloody stool

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Venus_rat

Hi, so my 3 year old rat, Nemo had some bright red droppings in his cage! It was a pretty good amount, but they were all dried. College started up and I missed a cleaning cage day unfortunately and i didn’t catch it when it started happening. Please help! He’s my sweet boy and I’m freaking out. I have absolutely no money right now and I have to wait for my check to come in. Plus it’s the weekend and all the nearest vets are closed. The emergency vet offices are further away and I can’t even drive because of my seizures! My fiancé is out of town so she can’t drive me. This happened at the worst time! I need answers!
IMG_8888.jpeg

Hey, this is a very late reply, but I am hoping all is well with your ratty! Can it be they ate a lot of red vegetables? Mine get red poo after eating tomatoes and red peppers. If the blood is from stomach or anywhere before the colon, the poop usually turns ink black (so not red). Otherwise it might be a small cut in the colon or in worst case scenario a tumor or cyst (which can only be seen with photos). If their stool is otherwise normal, and they are not loosing weight, I would not worry too much yet. If you can see they are struggling to pass poops, I would definitely go to a vets

Latest posts

Back