The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just adopted four rats on the first this month. I got them from a rehomer. I noticed yesterday one of them walks a bit lopsided, there head constantly crooked at a tilt and a small bearly noticeable limp. They eat, play, drink just fine and are pretty friendly but idk if she's in pain at all. If I can ill get a pic or vid of it and post it in the thread, but any ideas what might be wrong?

Attachments

• 20241005_004512.mp4
    7.8 MB
Hey, I would make sure the ratty doesn't have an ear infection and take them to a vet just to make sure. If you can I would also add some more enrichment in the cage as from the video it looks a little empty (but maybe this is just one corner, hard to tell). Is she loosing weight? Or staying a little the same

Hey, I would make sure the ratty doesn't have an ear infection and take them to a vet just to make sure. If you can I would also add some more enrichment in the cage as from the video it looks a little empty (but maybe this is just one corner, hard to tell). Is she loosing weight? Or staying a little the same
Nyn, what is enrichment? Is it a supplement?

Hey! Sorry for it not being clear! With enrichment I mean stuff to fill their cage so it isn't so empty. As examples you can add nice hammocks, space pods (to sleep in), chew toys, bowls of water, little hide places. As an example, Emiology on YouTube has beautiful cage designs to have the rats happy and enjoy themselves;

Latest posts

Back