Newmarket Rats.. Flower & Mena update 6/22

The Rat Shack Forum

Help Support The Rat Shack Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilspaz68

Well it seems that the former owner just tossed her pet girls in with the feeder rats to get rid of them all. It seems the himi/smeeze girls are NOT moms at all. They were beating up the blue girl last night, and then they were chasing babies...at 6 am I separated the older girls from the group. The babies pile onto and around the little blue girl, so they obviously know her and some might even be her babies (the blue bareback, and some of the blacks). Moon thinks the main breeder was fed to the snake before the ad went up, which would account for all the other babies.

So now I have a week to sort out some arrangements before the boys need to be removed from their sisters. I am thinking of moving Milton and Alvin in with the baby boys and leaving them in the R-695 and the 4 girls can go elsewhere.

The babies are loving the new cage :joy:

mar27NMblueboyincage.jpg

The big girl kept running around with a lab block in her mouth, not willing to share..

mar27NMgirlyenjoyingcage.jpg

Sleepy time in the corner
mar27NMrattiesincage2.jpg

The teeny beige boy is pooped from his Big Day :heart:
mar27NMrattiesinthecorner.jpg

Before I removed the older girls
mar27NMrattiesincage3.jpg

and this morning...little blue girl has a big job being "Mom" to so many.
mar28bluemom.jpg

I have no idea how many were jammed in there, but these babies are usually eating or sleeping...
mar28NMbabies.jpg

and then they got their first baby cereal :giggle:
mar28NMbabies4.jpg

mar28NMbabies2.jpg

A bevy of beige hoodies
mar28bevyofNMbeigehoodies.jpg

Little tiny man
mar28NMbabies3.jpg

Dip your paws and lick them off is the way to go, this little boy says. :cheeky:
mar28NMbaby.jpg

I am getting full and sleepy...
mare28NMbaby2.jpg

It still catches me off guard how pretty blue girl is. And the rest are, obviously, too griffin delicious. NOM

So today is going to be a very hard day. Issa goes in to be pts today. Sooo after watering, feeding, medicating, what did I do? Yep, took pics of babies :D

Last night...little Momma let me stroke her hindquarters without too much worry. :D
mar28NMfamily.jpg

Then she bolted
mar28NMbluegirl.jpg

And the Baby Pee Wars begain. :lol:

mar28NMbabypeewars.jpg

This morning they got their first Ensure...it was a hit!

I had to wake up a few to let them know they were missing breakfast though. :giggle:
mar29NMbaby1.jpg

ALL the babies in one shot...people who have raised litters know how almost miraculous this is! :laugh4:
mar29NMallbabies.jpg

And little momma joins in
mar29NMfamily.jpg

and some closeups
mar29NMbabies1.jpg

the teeny weeny beige runt boy
mar29NMruntboy.jpg

and after breakfast time for the cheekiness in the girls to come out :D
mar28NMcheekygirl.jpg

*nip*
mar28NMsmallcheekygirl.jpg

I held little blue mom and she was nervous but settled right down...she got kisses and gentle pats and I tried not to grasp her. She was very comfortable just standing on my folded arms and sniffing around. I put her back by the door opening and she hopped in but turned back to check me out again. She's a little shell-shocked but and very protective of her Family but she's starting to figure it out...no more "going into the tank" for anyone,
mar28bluemom2.jpg

Latest posts

Back